Sacramento Taxpayer Assistance Center is available to resolve your tax matters and clarify all your doubts. You can get help by phone or you can visit the office for in-person assistance.
If you visit the Sacramento IRS office, please tell us about your experience. It can be useful for others seeking help for a tax problem.
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
- Basic tax law assistance (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Check, money order, or cash payment acceptance (Exact Change is Required)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- Form 911 , Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
You can also consult the following online services:
Frequently Ask Questions at Sacramento Tax Office
If you are the responsible party for a business and you want to change your address, then you will need to complete IRS form 8822-B.
You can check the status of your refund by using the IRS Where’s My Refund tool. You can also do it by viewing your IRS account information or calling the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.
It is basically a review of your information and accounts to ensure you are reporting things properly and following the tax laws.
The address you will use depends on what you are mailing and where you live. To know where to mail your personal tax return, you should visit the IRS website and go to the WHERE TO FILE page which includes all addresses by state.
Other IRS offices in California
You have other offices near Sacramento
- IRS office in Santa Barbara
- IRS office in Santa Maria
- IRS office in Santa Rosa
- IRS office in Stockton
- IRS office in Van Nuys
- IRS office in Visalia
- IRS office in Walnut Creek
- IRS office in Walnut Creek Virtual Assistance
- IRS office in San Diego
- IRS office in Camarillo
- IRS office in San Francisco
- IRS office in Chico
- IRS office in San Jose
- IRS office in El Centro
- IRS office in San Marcos
- IRS office in El Monte
- IRS office in Santa Ana
- IRS office in Fresno
- IRS office in Laguna Niguel
- IRS office in Long Beach
- IRS office in Los Angeles
- IRS office in Modesto
- IRS office in Oakland
- IRS office in Palm Springs
- IRS office in Redding
- IRS office in Salinas
- IRS office in San Bernardino
- IRS office in Bakersfield