IRS office in San Francisco
- Address: 450 Golden Gate Ave. San Francisco, CA 94102
- IRS San Francisco phone number: 415-553-8990
- Make appoinment: 844-545-5640
- Opening hours: Monday-Friday - 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. (Closed for lunch 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.)
- More info: Go to official website
**This TAC opens at 9 a.m. 9/10**
San Francisco Taxpayer Assistance Center is available to resolve your tax matters and clarify all your doubts. You can get help by phone or you can visit the office for in-person assistance.
If you visit the San Francisco IRS office, please tell us about your experience. It can be useful for others seeking help for a tax problem.
You may also be interested in:
- Account inquiries (help with letters, notices and levies on your wages or bank account)
- Adjustments (changes to tax account information or payments)
- Alien clearances (Sailing Permits)
- Assistance with Affordable Care Act tax provision questions for individuals
- Assistance with questions about tax law changes in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is available year-round. See Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for more information.
- Basic tax law assistance (answers related to your individual Federal Tax Return) (Topics)
- Economic Impact Payment Issues
- Form 911 PDF, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance
- Form 2290, Heavy Highway Vehicle Use Tax Return (submission of tax return if unable to e-file)
- Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) Request
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers and Form W-7 (More Information)
- Payment arrangements
- Payments (check or money order only)
- Procedural inquiries
- Solutions to tax issues
- Tax forms (All forms, instructions & publications are readily available online on IRS.gov. Availability is very limited in IRS offices)
You can also consult the following online services:
Frequently Ask Questions at San Francisco Tax Office
If you are the responsible party for a business and you want to change your address, then you will need to complete IRS form 8822-B.
You can check the status of your refund by using the IRS Where’s My Refund tool. You can also do it by viewing your IRS account information or calling the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.
It is basically a review of your information and accounts to ensure you are reporting things properly and following the tax laws.
The address you will use depends on what you are mailing and where you live. To know where to mail your personal tax return, you should visit the IRS website and go to the WHERE TO FILE page which includes all addresses by state.
Other IRS offices in California
You have other offices near San Francisco
- IRS office in Santa Barbara
- IRS office in Santa Maria
- IRS office in Santa Rosa
- IRS office in Stockton
- IRS office in Van Nuys
- IRS office in Visalia
- IRS office in Walnut Creek
- IRS office in Walnut Creek Virtual Assistance
- IRS office in Chico
- IRS office in San Jose
- IRS office in El Centro
- IRS office in San Marcos
- IRS office in El Monte
- IRS office in Santa Ana
- IRS office in Fresno
- IRS office in Laguna Niguel
- IRS office in Long Beach
- IRS office in Los Angeles
- IRS office in Modesto
- IRS office in Oakland
- IRS office in Palm Springs
- IRS office in Redding
- IRS office in Sacramento
- IRS office in Salinas
- IRS office in San Bernardino
- IRS office in San Diego
- IRS office in Camarillo
- IRS office in Bakersfield
2 thoughts on “IRS office in San Francisco”
IRS Official, Years ago my Union quit paying me its pension and an H & R Block Tax accountant told me my SS pension was not enough to pay taxes. I went back to them next year and they just told me to leave. So, I quit paying taxes. I just got a book published on Amazon however,and it made me think, I should have checked with you before now. I’ve lived in Mexico 20 years since retirement and I don’t remember when H & R Block told me. I could owe a lot in back taxes !! If you have a secure website I could send you all my stuff or , if not, I could fly up to San Francisco, if you would make me an appointment (but give me a couple of days notice, Please let me know, James Collard Thank you.
Hello, our website is not an official IRS website. You must contact irs.gov. Regards.